If you’re planning on cooking for a date night rather than going out, there are luckily many simple recipes that are certain to make your date swoon. While some foods may need a bit of a prep time, you’ll be able to pull your recipes together in a matter of hours. Keep in mind that these are just a few of the many, many possibilities, and you may want to try a different recipe if you’re in the mood for something completely different.
How we picked the recipes
We asked users of popular dating apps such as Mingle2 and HUD what their favorite foods were, and selected easy to make recipes that seem much harder to make than they are. With the following recipes, you’ll have no problem pleasing your date on the first date and beyond.
1 pound of fettuccine noodles
4 cups of heavy cream
2 pounds of chicken
½ cup of butter
½ cup of Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons of basil
1 teaspoon of garlic
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot with salted water, cook the noodles until al dente.
2. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, warm the cream. Add the butter, garlic, basil, and seasonings and whisk the mixture. When the cream is warm, pour the hot cream over the hot pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle the pasta with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Beef and Sweet Potato Fajitas
2 sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of cumin
½ teaspoon of turmeric
1 lb of ground beef
2 cups of frozen corn
Salsa and sour cream
1. Cook the potatoes in a pot with salted water for about 5 minutes or until they are cooked. Cut the potatoes in half and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes with a fork.
2. Cut the onion into thin slices.
3. Cook the onions in the oil in a pan over medium heat until the onions are caramelized.
4. Add the garlic, spices, and meat and cook until the meat is brown. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the corn and mix the ingredients together.
6. Divide the fajita mix between two shallow bowls. Top the mix with salsa and sour cream and serve.
1 can of black beans
3 cups of cooked or canned chickpeas
1 small onion
1 red pepper
3 tablespoons of cumin
3 tablespoons of chili powder
Salt and pepper
1 small head of lettuce
1 taco shell
1. In a food processor, pulse the onion and jalapeño and add to a skillet along with the spices and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
3. Place the bean mixture onto a tortilla and top it with a little sour cream and a tablespoon of guacamole. Top the taco with a tosti tosti and serve.
2 pounds of salmon fillet
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the lemon in half and rub the flesh of the lemon with the inside of the lemon halves. Rub the salmon fillet with the cloves of garlic and lemon rind.
2. Coat the salmon with the olive oil.
3. Place the salmon in a shallow oven dish and bake for 12-15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Have other recipe favorites you’d like to share?
Share them with us in the comments! If you’re planning on cooking for a date night rather than going out, there are luckily many simple recipes that are certain to make your date swoon. While some foods may need a bit of a prep time, you’ll be able to pull your recipes together in a matter of hours. Keep in mind that these are just a few of the many, many possibilities, and you may want to try a different recipe if you’re in the mood for something completely different.